Thursday 25 April 2013

Dashboard and heater removed



A busy day at Lakeside today. Thanks to Max and Tim for providing care in the community ... and for the tea, advice etc.
The car is up on a trolley. Max has removed the wheels, hubs, brakes & suspension, cleaned up arches and the engine bay.


The rear window has been removed for access to the suspension.
I was able to contribute by removing the dash, disconnecting all the instruments, switches and cables, labelling them ready for reconnection later.



Also removing the heater and dismantling this ready for overhaul.

Next steps for me, remove the seats, prepare the engine bay for painting and remove more accumulated grime from the wheel arches. 

Max will be listing the replacement mechanical items to be bought and fitted.




1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I realize that this all happened 5 years ago, but I'm currently contemplating removing and replacing the dash.

    How would you rate the task? Any issues I should look out for?

    My biggest worry seems to be that I have to 1st remove the water temp gauge and sensor (disconnect from engine etc). Manual says to extract complete unit (gauge and sensor) from the front of the dash.

    Was this a big deal?

    ReplyDelete